Dr. Palkonda Vijay Anand Reddy
M.B.B.S. 1982, Osmania Medical College
M.D. & D.N.B. Radiation Oncology
Medical Oncology (European Society Of Medical Oncology)
Professor & Head, Dept. Of Oncology
Apollo Cancer Institute, Apollo Health City, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad- 500 096, TG, India
Tel: +91-40-23607777, Extn: 3333; +91-40-23556357 (Direct)
- “INTERNATIONAL UNION AGAINST CANCER FELLOWSHIP” 1992 at Meyerstein Institute of Oncology, The Middle Sex Hospital, London.
- “LEEDS FELLOWSHIP” VISITING RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP 1993 at University of Leeds, Cookridge Hospital, Leeds, U.K.
- “NARGIS DUTT MEMORIAL FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP” 1995 at The New York Hospital, Queens & The Memorial Sloan Kattering Hosp, New York, USA.
- “HEAD & NECK AND GYNAEC ONCOLOGY FELLOWSHIP” 1998 at Peter Mac Callum Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Australia.
- “OCULAR ONCOLOGY FELLOWSHIP” 2003 at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, USA.
- “STERIOTACTIC RADIOSURGERY FELLOWSHIP” 2010 at Klinikum Frankfurt (Oder) GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Lions Club International has presented Excellence Award on 11th August 2019 for extraordinary service and contribution to the field of Oncology. Presented by Padma Shri Dr Saibaba Goud, Chairperson, Lions Club.
- Dr. Vijay Anand Reddy has been awarded with the prestigious “AOS Achievement Award” from American Academy of Ophthalmology on January 2018.
- Vijay Anand Reddy has been awarded as “The Legend in the Field of Oncology” at the Times Healthcare Achievers Awards function at HICC, Hyderabad on 28th Feb’ 2017.
- “Best Scientific Paper Award 2015” for Prospective study of Neurocognitive function, performance status, quality of life and local control in patients with 1-3 newly diagnosed brain metastases treated with stereotactic radio surgery alone – Awarded by AROICON – 2015, Lucknow, INDIA
- “Best Scientific Paper Award 2014” for A Prospective Observational Feasibility Study of Hypofractionated Radiotherapy for Clinically localized Carcinoma Prostate – Awarded by AROICON – 2014, Imphal, INDIA
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award
- “Best Scientific Paper Award 2009” for Ruthenium 106 Plaque Brachytherapy: Indications and Outcome in Ocular Tumors – Awarded by AROICON – 2009, Hyderabad, INDIA
- “Best Scientific Poster Award 2009” for Histopathology of Retinoblastoma after primary Chemotherapy – Awarded by ARICON – 2009, Hyderabad, INDIA
- “BEST POSTER” AWARD 2008 Awarded by American Academy of Ophthalmology at Atlanta, GA, USA
- YOUNG INVESTIGATORS AWARD ‘ 2001 Awarded at New Delhi by Eli Lilly & Company, USA
- “INTERNATIONAL CANCER RESEARCH TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AWARD” Awarded in 1998 by UICC, Geneva, Switzerland
- “YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD” 1996. Awarded by Indo-American Cancer Congress, New York, 1996
- “BEST SCIENTIFIC PAPER AWARD” 1996 at XVIII National Conference of Assoc. Oncologists of India” at Aurangabad, INDIA
- “NARGIS DUTT MEMORIAL FOUNDATION AWARD” 1995 Awarded by Nargis Dutt Memorial Foundation, Flushing, New York, USA
- “INTERNATIONAL CANCER RESEARCH TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AWARD” Awarded in 1992 by UICC, Geneva, Switzerland
- Published (95) & Presented several Scientific papers (305) in National & International Journals & Scientific Meetings.
- Guest Speaker in more than 600 Scientific Meetings.
- Founder & Chairman, CURE Foundation (www.curefoundationindia.com) Free & Subsidized Cancer treatment for Poor Cancer patients
- Anti Tobacco Crusader Responsible for ban of Gutka and other Tobacco related products in A.P. State
- CANCER Awareness Programs To create Cancer Awareness across the State & Country
- Cancer Screening Campaigns Cancer Screening camps in several Villages and Towns
- Joined SPARSH HOSPICE as one of the Promoter and Director A Center for terminally ill Cancer patients. Website: www.sparshhospice.org
- Advisory Committee member for Global Access to Cancer Care Foundation (GACCF), USA
- Member of International American Brachytherapy Society (ABS)
- Full Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Full Member of American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Permanent Member of European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Permanent Member of “Union for International Cancer Control”, UICC, Geneva
- President of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) (Past)
- President of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI), Telangana Chapter (Past)
- President of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI), AP Chapter (Past)
- Chairman, Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO), INDIA (Past)
- Member of Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO)
- Member of Indian Society of Oncology (ISO)
- Member of Civil Assistant Surgeon’s Association, Andhra Pradesh
- Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Member of Indian Co-operative Oncology Network (ICON)
- Member of Indian Brachytherapy Society (IBS)