Dr. Palkonda Vijay Anand Reddy
M.B.B.S. 1982, Osmania Medical College
M.D. & D.N.B. Radiation Oncology
Medical Oncology (European Society Of Medical Oncology)
Professor & Head, Dept. Of Oncology
Apollo Cancer Hospital, Apollo Health City, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad- 500 096, TG, India
Tel: +91-40-23607777, Extn: 3333; +91-40-23556357 (Direct)
- “INTERNATIONAL UNION AGAINST CANCER FELLOWSHIP” 1992 at Meyerstein Institute of Oncology, The Middle Sex Hospital, London.
- “LEEDS FELLOWSHIP” VISITING RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP 1993 at University of Leeds, Cookridge Hospital, Leeds, U.K.
- “NARGIS DUTT MEMORIAL FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP” 1995 at The New York Hospital, Queens & The Memorial Sloan Kattering Hosp, New York, USA.
- “HEAD & NECK AND GYNAEC ONCOLOGY FELLOWSHIP” 1998 at Peter Mac Callum Cancer Institute, Melbourne, Australia.
- “OCULAR ONCOLOGY FELLOWSHIP” 2003 at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, USA.
- “STERIOTACTIC RADIOSURGERY FELLOWSHIP” 2010 at Klinikum Frankfurt (Oder) GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany.
- “Best Scientific Paper Award 2015” for Prospective study of Neurocognitive function, performance status, quality of life and local control in patients with 1-3 newly diagnosed brain metastases treated with stereotactic radio surgery alone – Awarded by AROICON – 2015, Lucknow, INDIA
- “Best Scientific Paper Award 2014” for A Prospective Observational Feasibility Study of Hypofractionated Radiotherapy for Clinically localized Carcinoma Prostate – Awarded by AROICON – 2014, Imphal, INDIA
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award
- “Best Scientific Paper Award 2009” for Ruthenium 106 Plaque Brachytherapy: Indications and Outcome in Ocular Tumors – Awarded by AROICON – 2009, Hyderabad, INDIA
- “Best Scientific Poster Award 2009” for Histopathology of Retinoblastoma after primary Chemotherapy – Awarded by ARICON – 2009, Hyderabad, INDIA
- “BEST POSTER” AWARD 2008 Awarded by American Academy of Ophthalmology at Atlanta, GA, USA
- YOUNG INVESTIGATORS AWARD ‘ 2001 Awarded at New Delhi by Eli Lilly & Company, USA
- “INTERNATIONAL CANCER RESEARCH TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AWARD” Awarded in 1998 by UICC, Geneva, Switzerland
- “YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD” 1996. Awarded by Indo-American Cancer Congress, New York, 1996
- “BEST SCIENTIFIC PAPER AWARD” 1996 at XVIII National Conference of Assoc. Oncologists of India” at Aurangabad, INDIA
- “NARGIS DUTT MEMORIAL FOUNDATION AWARD” 1995 Awarded by Nargis Dutt Memorial Foundation, Flushing, New York, USA
- “INTERNATIONAL CANCER RESEARCH TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AWARD” Awarded in 1992 by UICC, Geneva, Switzerland
- Published (95) & Presented several Scientific papers (305) in National & International Journals & Scientific Meetings.
- Guest Speaker in more than 600 Scientific Meetings.
- Founder & Chairman, CURE Foundation (www.curefoundationindia.com) Free & Subsidized Cancer treatment for Poor Cancer patients
- Anti Tobacco Crusader Responsible for ban of Gutka and other Tobacco related products in A.P. State
- CANCER Awareness Programs To create Cancer Awareness across the State & Country
- Cancer Screening Campaigns Cancer Screening camps in several Villages and Towns
- Joined SPARSH HOSPICE as one of the Promoter and Director A Center for terminally ill Cancer patients. Website: www.sparshhospice.org
- Advisory Committee member for Global Access to Cancer Care Foundation (GACCF), USA
- Member of International American Brachytherapy Society (ABS)
- Full Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Full Member of American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Permanent Member of European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Permanent Member of “Union for International Cancer Control”, UICC, Geneva
- President of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) (Past)
- President of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI), Telangana Chapter (Past)
- President of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI), AP Chapter (Past)
- Chairman, Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO), INDIA (Past)
- Member of Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO)
- Member of Indian Society of Oncology (ISO)
- Member of Civil Assistant Surgeon’s Association, Andhra Pradesh
- Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Member of Indian Co-operative Oncology Network (ICON)
- Member of Indian Brachytherapy Society (IBS)