In his years of practice, Dr. Vijay Anand Reddy has established a number of benchmarks in Oncology in India. He believes in adopting modern methods of treatment, and has successfully performed various first-time procedures.
1. First Doctor to initiate Exact Track Stereotypic Radio surgery procedures in India.
2. Conducted the first international IMRT Teaching Course at Hyderabad.
3. Conducted several workshops on Tumor Volume Delineation at Apollo Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad and Andhra Pradesh.
4. Pioneered Hypofractionated Radiotherapy procedures in Cancer of the Prostate.
5. Innovations in short course Radiation in Cancer of the Prostate.
6. Performed the highest number of Stereotactic Radiosurgery Procedures in India.
7. Designed several innovations in treatment of Brain metastasis.
8. First Intra Ocular Brachytherapy procedure at L.V Prasad Eye Institute was performed by Dr. P. Vijay Anand Reddy and Dr. Santosh Honavar.
9. Performed first Peripheral Stem Cell Bone Marrow Transplantation in Andhra Pradesh.
10. Performed the first Intra-coronary Radiotherapy procedure at Apollo Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad.
11. Performed the first Per-Operative Brain Interstitial Implant in India at Apollo Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad.
12. Delivered P.S. Ghatge Memorial Oration, Indian Medical Association, Hyderabad on November 18, 2005.
13. Only Investigator from India to participate in Phase III Randomised trial – Concurrent Chemotherapy (Inj. Docetaxel) + Radiation therapy in unresectable Non Small Cell Lung Cancer.