Please follow these simple instructions during the course of the therapy. Please show this to your referring or family doctor for their information and guidance
- 1. Drink plenty of fluids (2-2.5 liters) daily - water, coconut water, barley water, electrol powder solution.
- 2. Coffee and tea can be taken in moderation.
- 3. Bland, non-oily low residue but well balanced diet advised.
- 4. Avoid spicy food. Eat small, frequent meals.
- 5. A high protein or carbohydrate rich diet preferable.
- 6. Do not take any laxative without consulting doctor.
- 1. Preserve any marks on skin carefully. Tattoo marks may be made on some patients for positioning.
- 2. Do not apply hot water or ice packs.
- 3. Gently sponge with lukewarm water. Dab skin dry gently.
- 4. Please do not use any oils, lotions or cosmetics in the treatment area (only talcum powder may be used).
- 5. Avoid adhesive tapes in treatment area. Use transpore or micropore only for dressings.
- 6. The doctor will prescribe ointments or G.V paint for any skin reactions in the groin.
- 7. Wear loose, cotton clothings.
- 1. Diarrhea and cramps may occur after the second week of treatment.
- 2. Consult your doctor for specific medications for vomiting, diarrhea and/or abdominal cramps.
- 1. Drink over 2-2.5 liters of liquids per day.
- 2. Consult your doctor for specific medications for burning and frequency of urine.
- 1. Weigh yourself weekly.
- 2. Pamper yourself with plenty of rest.
- 3. Blood counts may be checked at intervals.
- 4. Most side effects will settle down within 10-12 days after completion.
- 5. Feel free to discuss any problem with our doctor.
Expected Side Effects
- 1. Loss of appetite, feeling of weakness and tiredness.
- 2. Nausea, vomiting and dehydration during the last 2-3 weeks.
- 3. Diarrhea and/or painful defecation after the 2nd week.
- 4. Burning and/or increased frequency of urine after 3rd week.
- 5. Skin changes of dryness, redness, peeling may occur after 2-3 weeks.
- 6. Radiation reactions may be aggravated when given along with Chemotherapy.
- 7. The side effects will be minimized if you follow the instructions carefully.